Friday

So Long Sandpaper


If I were meeting you in person and shaking your hand, you might think I had some sandpaper tucked somewhere in my grasp. But sadly, no, that would simply be my hand that has seen lots of soapy water, mostly after changing dirty diapers and sometimes while doing the dishes.

So, you're probably thinking the last thing I'm qualified to tell you about is a hand lotion. However, since no one is checking my credentials, you're at my mercy.

Oh, I'm kidding, not about the state of my hands, but about not being able to share a good tip with you.

Here it is. Try using Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream. After one application, your hands will feel more like fine grain sandpaper. The second application should make them pretty close to normal. Use regularly and you're good to shake hands, slap high five, give a massage, whatever.

Just please don't do what I do and let the product go untouched sitting by your kitchen sink. Sure, the glass jar looks pretty cute, but you have to actually open it to make it work and keep your hands from being suitable for sanding that cute piece of furniture sitting in your garage that you've been meaning to paint for years, uh, I mean months.

One last thing I should share is about the product's smell. It is a bit different. I like it, but then again, I have granola girl tendencies.

Be sure to visit Fussy for more tips on Fighting the Frump.

7 comments:

Texasholly said...

I know...I have hand lotion beside every sink and rarely use them. What a good reminder.

Darla said...

I love Burt's Bees cuticle cream too! Yum.

Anonymous said...

I've been accused of being a crunchy mamma too, so I'd probably like it.

Rachel said...

Oh girl, let me tell you that my hands are cracking. You can see where the skin is separating on my tips of my fingers. Mothering in the midst of a dry winter are tough on a girl's hands. Thanks for the tip, I will have to try it out.

Have you used their cuticle cream? It comes in a lip balm tin, but it is not lip balm. Believe me, I made that error. It may burn the lips, but it works wonders on the cuticles.

Fun blog to you!

Rachel said...

I love this stuff. It has a very unique smell but it's very earthy and I think a bit sensual, or is that just me?
Great frump fighting tip! I'm addicted to the original lip balm and the baby products.

Joy said...

Love Burt's Bees!

Daisy said...

I love hand creme - gotta git me some of dis! :)