Sunday

Another Post on What is Really Important

"Just a second."

"Hurry up buddy."

"Mommy will be there in just a minute baby."

"Okay sweetie, I'll be there as soon as finish this."

These are all things I say many, many times each and every day.

That is why it hit home when I read A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. One of the latter chapters addresses how a woman who follows the Lord should order her priorities. They are listed as follows.
  1. God

  2. Your husband

  3. Your children

  4. Your home

  5. Your spirtual growth

  6. You ministries

  7. Other activities

I wholeheartedly agree with this list. But, I have to ask myself, if this is the case, why do I frequently leave my Bible unopened while I reach for the phone to call a friend? Also, why do I give my children a quick kiss as I rush to do the laundry or wash the dishes? And, why do I not stop what I'm doing to greet my husband when he arrives home after a long day at work? I do believe my list is all too often upside down.

Lord, please help me to always have my priorities in the proper order.

Oh, and I should note that the title of this post came from my husband. As he noticed what I was writing, he asked if I was blogging again about what is really important. I sheepishly said I was, because honestly, I'm much better about writing about what is important than acting on what is important. I'm grateful for a God who doesn't give up on me and a husband who is incredibly patient.

Here's to a week where I put first things first!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hi! Just wanted to admire your post. I guess I needed to read that today,about priorities; I was just bouncing around sites I had bookmarked from Fussy's place. I enjoy your blog but haven't peeked at it for a while.