Saturday

100 Things

    It seems to be bloggy tradition to write 100 things about yourself for your 100th post. Well, this is my 100th post and these are my hundred things. I've never in my life written so many sentences that begin with "I." I've also never felt quite so egocentric.

  1. I think 100 seems like a really large number right now.
  2. I was born in Ohio.
  3. I moved to Colorado when I was 15.
  4. I drove with my mom from Ohio to Colorado.
  5. We drove across Kansas.
  6. I promised I'd never live in Kansas.
  7. I moved to Kansas when I got married.
  8. I swore I'd never live in the South.
  9. Three years later, I moved to Arkansas.
  10. I swore I'd never live in Hawaii.
  11. Three years later, we moved back to Kansas.
  12. I'm married to my college sweetheart.
  13. Our relationship began at Disneyland.
  14. He maneuvered his way in line to ride the Indiana Jones ride with me.
  15. The rest is history.
  16. We have 3 children.
  17. We had them all within 3 years and 3 months.
  18. We're not crazy, just a bit busy.
  19. All of my children have family names.
  20. I have a twin sister.
  21. I have two younger brothers.
  22. Both of my "little" brothers are nearly a foot taller than me.
  23. I used to be a seventh and eighth grade teacher.
  24. I hope to never teach those grades again.
  25. I truly admire middle school teachers.
  26. I still don't want to be one.
  27. I quit teaching to stay home with my first child.
  28. I don't regret that decision one bit.
  29. That doesn't mean I don't occasionally have days when I wish I had a job outside my home.
  30. But those days are pretty few and far between.
  31. They usually happen when one of my children is in a "stage."
  32. I'm very grateful that my husband works so hard.
  33. I tend to be a bit of an overachiever.
  34. This is both a strength and a weakness.
  35. I need to learn to let some things go.
  36. I used to always be caught up on the laundry.
  37. I no longer am caught up on the laundry. (See #17.)
  38. This is one of those things that I've had to learn to let go.
  39. I always want the house to look just so and that is another thing I've got to let go.
  40. I like to cook.
  41. But not so much every night.
  42. I think baking cookie dough ruins perfectly good dough.
  43. Semi-sweet chocolate chips are my favorite candy.
  44. I could eat chips and salsa everyday.
  45. But I don't.
  46. I'm a bit of a health nut.
  47. But this is in theory only.
  48. It isn't terribly unusual for me to drink a chemical-laden soda with my all-organic salad.
  49. I'm attempting to switch all of our household products to more natural ones that are better for us and the environment.
  50. I think this is easier said than done.
  51. I'm teaching myself to crochet.
  52. I'd rather learn to knit.
  53. Knitting intimidates me.
  54. I think it must be the two needles, rather than one hook, that scare me a bit.
  55. I'm not very crafty.
  56. But, I like to scrapbook.
  57. I also like to do crafts with my children.
  58. But, I don't like to clean them up.
  59. I love to read.
  60. I usually have 3 or 4 books going at the same time.
  61. I rarely leave the library with less than 4 or 5 books.
  62. This doesn't include the books I check out for my children.
  63. I like to exercise.
  64. This doesn't mean I do it often.
  65. I'm good at starting projects.
  66. I'm not so good at finishing the very last details.
  67. I think almost any house decor can be made better by painting it black.
  68. I have a yellow lab.
  69. I gave him a lot more attention before I had children.
  70. I moved five times in my first six years of marriage.
  71. I think moving is a fun adventure.
  72. However, I hope I don't have to move again anytime soon.
  73. I like to write thank-you notes.
  74. Fall is my favorite season.
  75. Spring is my next favorite season.
  76. Right now, I'm trying to start sentences with something other than "I."
  77. I could do without the months of August and February.
  78. I don't watch much television.
  79. However, I love LOST.
  80. I'm not much of a reality TV fan.
  81. I do realize this apparently makes me quite different from the rest of American television viewers.
  82. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.
  83. This drives my husband crazy.
  84. I'm constantly reorganizing things in my house.
  85. This also drives my husband crazy.
  86. I'm glad my husband is a patient man.
  87. I like to read fashion magazines.
  88. However, I rarely wear anything but jeans and a top.
  89. I first tried coffee in college.
  90. I was hooked.
  91. Ironically, I mostly drink decaf with lots of flavored creamer.
  92. I wear glasses.
  93. I'd love to wear contacts, but ever since I was pregnant with my son, I can't.
  94. He is worth it.
  95. Still, if I ever win the lottery, I'm fixing my eyes and my teeth.
  96. I'll also donate to some worthy causes.
  97. I don't buy lottery tickets.
  98. I don't usually buy name brands.
  99. I'm loyal to Dawn dish soap and that is about it.
  100. The most important thing about me is that I'm a believer in Jesus, the rest is just the details.

1 comment:

MamaBear said...

I really think you and I could be friends ... so much in common, it's scary. Too bad you left Arkansas! :-)