Friday

Well, That Went a Little Too Well

I had grown weary of hearing "Where are we going today?" and "Who is coming over today?" In fact, I was hearing these questions so often, that I began to wonder if maybe we weren't spending enough time at home.

So, I decided we'd try a little experiment. We would stay home this week.

Aside from a trip to the gym and lunch at Chick-fil-A, we stayed at home. The questions slowed and Ann and Chris played pretty well together. I was congratulating myself on a job well done. I even decided that we could venture out to the store. And that is when I learned that we may have stayed in a bit too much.

After one rather successful trip to the store, we decided to try one more. We headed to Payless to buy some fake Crocs. However, Ann was making it known that she didn't want to go. I calmly explained that we would hurry. I have been cramming poor Chris's feet in his too-small Crocs for a few weeks too many.

As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, Ann began wailing. I don't mean fussing. I mean the kind of crying that makes you think there may actually be something wrong with your child. Of course, the only thing wrong with Ann was her strong will. I decided that the best thing to do was to go into the store and quickly find and buy the shoes. I didn't want Ann to think she could manipulate a situation by screaming her cute little head off.

But, I lost my willpower the moment we walked in the door. She began screaming louder and louder. No amount of stern warnings or getting to look at sparkly sandals was going to deter her.

And so, she won. We came home where she was sent to her room for a time out, while the rest of us played.



Now, I'm left to wonder, did I do the right thing? Oh, I won't lose any sleep over it. It was quite a bit out of character for Ann to act like that, but still.

What would you have done?


Oh yes, one more thing. At the request of my mom, or Mimi as the kiddos know her, here is an updated picture of all three kiddos.



What's that? You wanted a picture of their faces? Um, yeah, still working on that.

Happy Friday!

No comments: