Wednesday

"The" Pie


A few months ago, I found myself making a meal for a friend who'd recently had a beautiful baby girl. I made some of our favorites to share. Included in the meal were a large pan of chicken enchiladas, some rice, a salad, and a pie.

Except the pie was missing a piece, thanks to my husband.

Oh, he knew full well that I was taking the pie to friends. It is just that this pie is that good.

I found the recipe in the newspaper while we were still living in Arkansas. It was one of the dessert winners in the newspaper's Holiday Cookbook.

Technically, it is called Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pie. But, around here, we think that name is a tad misleading. The crust is made up of cookie dough, but the filling is more like a cheesecake. So, I'm taking to calling it The Pie. I'm nothing if not creative.

Here it it is....


The Pie


1-18 oz. tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough

2-8 oz. packages cream cheese softened

1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 package Heath toffee bits

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Press the cookie dough into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and half a cup of the candy pieces.
Pour over the top of the cookie dough.
Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
Cool completely and top with more candy pieces.
Chill until ready to serve. (You definitely want to wait until the pie is chilled or you will be disappointed. We keep the pie in the freezer because we think it tastes better that way.)

Enjoy!
Please be sure to visit Rocks in My Dryer for more Works-for-Me-Wednesday ideas.

No comments: