Friday

Dog Breath

She stood with her face in the corner.

She was obviously hiding something.

Honestly, I wanted to pretend I didn't see her. I wanted to be a lazy mama. But, I've been telling her "sneaking is sinning" and also stressing the importance of telling the truth.

So, I hung up the phone and got Big Sister's attention. It was obvious that she was eating something. I assumed it was the brownies that were on the counter.

I reminded her that it is important to tell the truth.

I patiently waited to hear her tell me she had taken a brownie.

Then, she opened her mouth, and it was clear she hadn't eaten a brownie.

She breathed dog breath all over my face as she said, "it's dog food."

The kicker was she had a look on her face like she was eating candy, or something equally enjoyable.

I shook my head, thanked her for telling the truth, and sent her to time out.

Then, I went into the kitchen and both laughed and gagged.

Never a dull moment, I tell you, there is never a dull moment around here.

No comments: