Wednesday

A.B.C. Salad

I remember, as a child, asking someone if she'd like a piece of A.B.C. gum. If the unsuspecting child said yes, I'd laugh and hand her a piece that I'd already chewed.


Then, I'd explain that I was offering Already-Been-Chewed gum. Clearly, I'd had someone offer me the same thing. I wasn't that creative. It was a silly thing we did as kids.



I never expected the other kid to actually eat the gum--yuck! Hopefully, after playing the joke, I was kind enough to offer a fresh piece.



There is a point to this.


I thought of this childhood joke as I ate my lunch.




Would you like to know why?


Let me show you.



Do you see the piece of cucumber at the top of the salad bowl? Please notice the bite marks.




They aren't mine.




As I was finishing my salad, I noticed this little cucumber. I knew that there hadn't been an opportunity for Big Sister to munch on it while I made, served, or ate lunch. Therefore, I can only conclude that she ate it sometime last night or the night before that. We've been eating this leftover salad for a few days.


That means the salad sat in the fridge with that A.B.C. cucumber. Yum!


Care to join us for dinner? I'm serving spaghetti and meatballs, asparagus, and salad, of course.

No comments: