Thursday

Seven Months




Sweet Baby Jane,


You are getting so very big! You are seven months already. This month has brought so many changes for you.


You started the month only nursing. Now, you have tried rice cereal, bananas, avocado, apples, and squash. You can also eat Cheerios with the best of them.


An even bigger change has been that you can move. Yes, it's true, you are crawling. Well, perhaps crawling is a bit of an overstatement. However, you do scoot around on your belly and manage to get wherever you'd like to go.


You continue to be a very patient and easygoing baby. Yet, you can make your opinion known. A few days ago, you were lying on your grandpa. Once you saw me, you started making noise until I acknowledged you. As soon as I looked at you, you gave me that grin you are known for, and it melted my heart.


This month revealed your love for all things power cords. I do believe you will soon become accustomed to hearing the word "no." And, for the record, your brother and sister are very good at keeping you out of trouble. They let me know the moment you are in harm's way.


One other thing you've fine tuned this month is your little pincer grasp. You can pick up Cheerios which is great. You can also pick up odds and ends off the floor. That isn't so great.


Today, as I sat down to nurse you. I noticed you had something in your mouth. It turned out to be a small rubber band we use to pull up your sister's hair. You will certainly keep me on my toes. It isn't easy keeping small things off the floor with two other small children in the house.


Jane, you continue to be a constant source of joy in our family. Even in the middle of the night when you aren't feeling well, you give your Daddy or I big grins. Your happiness is contagious. It is truly a gift from God.


We love you sweet one.


Until next month...

No comments: