Wednesday

Brain Dumping

Really, I tried to come up with a better title. I promise, I did. However, I kept coming back to "Brain Dumping" and it pretty much suits what is about to follow. Don't say I didn't warn you. It will be random.



Not long ago, I stopped blogging for a week or so. I expected it to be hard for me, but it wasn't. I missed it, sure, but I also realized how I had been at the computer a little too much. Since that time, I was finding it harder and harder to actually come up with something to write about. I wasn't even blogging in my head throughout the day. And, someone please tell me I'm not the only one who does that. Please.



Anyways, I realized the other day, as I was doing dishes, that I was once again blogging in my head. I hope that is a good thing. At least I enjoy it. It also helps me keep my composure when my little ones do something that is particularly trying for me. I figure it will eventually make for a good post and then all seems well. Well, I still have to clean up the mess, usually bodily fluids of sorts, but at least my attitude is better about it.



So, there have been several posts that have been running around in this head of mine. I fear they won't leave me alone until I post them. However, new things keep happening all the time which I want to record.



What to do? What to do?



I know, have a brain dump. I'll be able to get out little snippets of all those stories that have been floating around in my head and then move on.



Well, it seems like the perfect solution to me.



Now, I'm guessing no one but my mom and husband have made it this far, so I hope you two enjoy.



In no particular order:



Ann was somewhat of a bug catcher this summer. Her tool was a cute little "Bug Bungalow." She was usually on the lookout for something to put in it. For weeks I thought about posting how funny it was that the only things she'd caught all summer were a dead fly and a slug.



Fall is by far my favorite season. It isn't even officially here yet and I'm still loving it. It does nothing to offend me. It is full of fun holidays and beautiful leaves. It can truly do no wrong. Even the gray skies don't bother me. Really, I could go on and on about Fall, but that probably isn't necessary.



Lately, I've become quite fond and possibly a bit consumed by budgeting, clipping coupons, etc. There are plenty of great blogs dedicated to that, so no need for a post by me. But, you may want to check out this site.



MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) started on Monday. I'm volunteering on the steering team and really enjoying it. It is completely out of my comfort zone which is good.



I'm hoping to get back into crocheting this fall. However, writing "back into" is probably a tad misleading since the only projects I've completed to date are two scarves and one cell phone/eyeglasses case. And, really who wants a crocheted cell phone holder? Not I. It currently resides in the children's dress-up bin.



I don't want to embarrass one of my children. But, for the record, may I say that I am very tired of a certain child sticking hands inside of said child's diaper and then trying to wipe it off. Needless to say, the poo is being wiped in random places around the child's bedroom. Yuck!



Sleep. I miss it. However, I realize no one wants to read about my lack of sleep.



And, I think that will be it. I feel better already. Oh, there could be more. But, at the risk of those things being either more trivial or more disgusting, I will stop now.



However, I saved one more thing.



Jackie at Our Moments, Our Memories gave me an award.






I'm truly honored. She is one talented writer. She can make anything interesting.
Her daughter is adorable. If you've never been to visit her, you are truly missing out. Thanks so much, Jackie!

I'm going to have to send this one over to Rachel at Badgers on the Loose. From the first time I visited, I was hooked. Her stories about life with her daughter and husband are simply wonderful. Be sure to visit and you'll want to check out her archives for pictures from her daughter's fairy birthday party. I'm making sure Ann never sees them so that she has no expectations for her own four-year-old bash. (Read cupcakes and a balloon or two.) Unless, of course, Rachel wants to plan Ann's birthday party. Seriously, head over there, you won't be disappointed.

Now, that does it. My brain is officially "dumped."

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: