Saturday

Saturdays

I love Saturday mornings! It's sort of become a tradition on Saturday mornings that Tony takes the kids with him to the gym while I have a few quiet hours. Typically, I fill those hours with a bit of tidying up the house, a workout, and a few errands. By lunch time, we're all usually back together again and ready to enjoy the rest of the day.

Sometimes I feel guilty about enjoying this time so much. After all, shouldn't I be making a big breakfast and savoring time together as a family? Perhaps, but I know for certain that on weeks where I don't have a few quiet hours, I'm a little cranky.

Now, I'm not one to buy into "me" time. I hate how it sounds so self-centered, but I'm honestly a nicer person when I have a few minutes to slow down and enjoy the quiet. So maybe I am buying into the "me" time. Either way, I do love Saturday mornings and I'll enjoy them while they last! I'm sure it won't be long until the kids' activities start to take over the day! Then I'll just have to change my Saturday mornings to the afternoons or perhaps make my Tuesday nights into a "Saturday morning!"

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savor every moment and don't feel one bit guilty! xoxo

allie :^) said...

i ditto what she said! :) we all need a few quiet moments. i don't think that is anything close to self centeredness! :)