Saturday

More Than Three Years Later, My Hands and Heart are Still Full

Nearly three and a half years ago, when I started this blog, it was easy to pick a title. Almost daily, I heard, "Your hands are full." In my mind, I would roll my eyes and think of how blessed I was. My heart was so full.

Today, my heart is still full, but people rarely tell me my hands are full. In fact, I can't remember the last time someone made that comment. Apparently, mothering three children, ages six and under, looks easy.

Needless to say, parenting three still somewhat young children isn't always easy. Sure, in most ways, it's definitely easier than meeting the demands of an infant, a toddler, and a preschooler, however, each stage of parenting brings with it new challenges. Right now, I'm just enjoying the stage we're at and trying not to worry about the future.

Of course, many days are still rather tough to enjoy. And unlike three years ago, I don't always feel free to share the details of our days. I'm trying to respect my kiddos' privacy. But then, I feel like I'm not being exactly honest about our lives. Sigh, must I always second guess myself?

Days like today are almost impossible not to blog about at least to some degree. You see, one of my children, who shall remain nameless, had quite the interesting day. Of course, if you know my family, even a little bit, you'll know exactly who I'm talking about. At least I'm trying to respect privacy. (Emphasis on trying.)

In one day, one of my kiddos managed to dump glitter all over the floor, spray shaving cream under a bed, and smear glue and markers all over the neighbor's landscaping rocks. That was just what I noticed. The interesting thing is that he/she wasn't really unsupervised for all that long today. It's just that a child like this can do all sorts of things in a fraction of the time it would take other children to make such mischief. That kiddo is talented I tell you!

That's all to say that if I blog less frequently now, it isn't at all due to lack of material! It's quite the opposite really. In many ways life is so much busier than it was when my little ones were, well, little. Yet, one thing has truly remained unchanged...I wouldn't trade this life for anything. My heart is still bursting. I love my little ones more and more as I get to know them more each day. Cliche but very true.

3 comments:

dawn marie giegerich said...

Um . . . shaving cream?

allie :^) said...

i love this post. love that your heart is still bursting. :) and even though i know the culprit :) s/he shall indeed remain nameless! i didn't know about the landscaping rocks. :O

also love that i am getting a glimpse into your world, cuz we're more than just blogging buddies, we're bff's now, right, tony? :) love your family. even the naughty one. :)

good thing i'm the swamp down the street! :) and that you love me anyway! :)

allie :^) said...

also love that we were fb chatting while you composed this. you're cool, hip, groovy and talented sweetie! :)