Monday

A Meal Plan Minus the Pumpkin




Well, who knew that posting a little menu plan on this old blog would actually motivate me to follow through last week? It was soooo nice eating mostly home cooked meals and enjoying plenty of leftovers.




But, do you know what was not so nice?




I found it very sad that I couldn't find canned pumpkin! That means that I didn't get to make my favorite pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. It also means it isn't really officially fall. After all, making those pumpkin bars is a requirement around here and without them, I don't suppose there can really be fall. Or something like that.




Now, don't think for a minute that I didn't almost make the cream cheese frosting to spread over graham crackers. I didn't actually make it yet, but I will if canned pumpkin doesn't surface soon at my local stores.




Also, don't think for a minute that I'll resort to actually using a fresh pumpkin that I cook. I won't. Maybe sometime, but not anytime soon.




Enough about pumpkin. Right now I've got some homemade bread rising and I'm trying out lasagna in the crock pot. All I've left to do is to throw together a salad. (All that really means today is that I'll wash some spinach leaves and toss them on our plates to accompany our dinner.)




So, my menu plan is off to a good start! Here is what the week looks like:




Monday- Crock Lasagna, Homemade Bread and Salad (or maybe I should just say lettuce leaves)


Tuesday- Leftovers or sandwiches. (We've still got plenty of leftovers from the weekend.)


Wednesday- Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Orzo and Salad


Thursday- Upside-Down Pizza, Carrots, Dip and Grapes


Friday- Leftovers or Sandwiches


Saturday- Dinner at a friend's house. (Here's to hoping I can bring pumpkin bars!)


Sunday- Ritzy Chicken, Noodles, Homemade Bread, Green Beans and Pineapple





Hope you have a great week!


Please be sure to stop by I'm an Organizing Junkie for more Meal Plan Monday posts!

No comments: