Sunday

What I've Been Doing on My Blogging Vacation

So, it has been over three weeks since my last real post and I'm pretty sure that post didn't even make much sense.

I forgot to mention that Tony gave Chris the same color popsicle that he had previously dunked in the potty. That would, of course, explain my panicked reaction when I saw him eating the popsicle. I'm sure no one was losing sleep over that confusion, but I feel better about clearing that up so...


Well, what have I been doing on my unplanned blogging vacation? Before I get into that, I have to just ask why is it that other vacations don't seem to happen without being planned? I mean, I've yet to accidentally end up at the beach for three weeks. Oh well.


My days have been full of the wonderful things that make up summer. Last summer, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the season. You can read my little "letter" to summer here if you so desire. This year, I'm thinking summer is pretty good. By next year, I fully expect to love it. And yes, I do believe that is a direct relation to the possibility that I just might be able to take my three kiddos to the pool by myself next year.


So it's been the pool (with Daddy), parks, blueberry picking, two different large amusement parks, a lake, trips to the children's museum, the library, outdoor concerts, story time, play dates, Vacation Bible School, and lots and lots of popsicles. That doesn't even include out of town guests and the Dallas getaway that Tony and I enjoyed.


I actually wish that I had done a better job of blogging about all those adventures. I took pictures of most of them. I did, however, manage to forget my camera on our trip to the lake and therefore miss taking a picture of Ann fishing for the first time. She didn't catch anything so I still have a chance at snapping a shot of her first catch one day.


Perhaps the real reason that I've been a little absent around the old blog is this:


My favorite one year old learned to walk on June 3. She had been climbing anything and everything long before that. It is the combination of the two that has made keeping her safe more than a full-time job. Little Jane pushes chairs, stools, benches, you name it, up to the counter or the table all. the. time. She obviously can't be left alone for more that 0.25 seconds. Also, would you believe that she has no desire to sit patiently while mama finishes a blog post? Go figure.
Now, I would be lying if I blamed all of my blogging absence on sweet Jane. Much of it belongs to the most addicting game of all time--Bejeweled Blitz. (I'm a big embarrassed admitting that but I'll get over it.)
Finally, there was a certain little vampire series that also occupied a bit of my time. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish the kids would fix their own lunch, change the diapers, and wipe their own bums while I tried to finish that series.
So, my blogging friends, (are you even still there?) what have you been up to this summer?

No comments: