Monday

Just When I Thought I Couldn't Make it Until Bedtime

We were only minutes away from bedtime and still, I thought I wasn't going to make it without seriously losing it.

I looked at my oldest and asked her to come sit on my lap. I held her for a minute and told her I was sorry I was a bit short today. She told me that was okay and apologized for having a rough day as well.

Then, she sweetly said, "Mommy, I need to tell you something."

"What's that?" I asked.

"I love you," she sincerely said.

"I love you too," I replied. Moments like that feel like a gift.

It proved to be just what I needed. As we walked up the stairs together, we found that a certain little man had dumped a nearly full bottle of baby wash into the bath tub. I just sighed and carried him to his room.

My long day ended with snuggles with my favorite children in the world.

It's a tough job, but somebody has got to do it. I'm grateful that somebody is me.

No comments: