Friday

A Popsicle in the Potty!?

In a rather lazy parenting moment, I told the kids (a.k.a. bribed) that they could each have a popsicle as soon as they came in the house for their baths. They quickly said goodbye to the neighbors and came running.

I doled out the freezer pops. As soon as I opened Chris', he walked to the bathroom and informed me he really had to go. Nice. Even though it grossed me out, I let him take the popsicle with him. I wasn't that interested in holding it or in setting on the counter while it melted as he, um, used the toilet.

I should have let it melt.

Not long after he entered the bathroom, I heard him yell that his popsicle was in the potty. I was on the phone with my mother-in-law, so I somewhat slowly made my way to help him.

Imagine my thoughts as I opened the door and saw him EATING a green popsicle. Yeah.

I shrieked and then yelled for Tony to please come help me because I thought I might be sick.

Now, imagine my relief when I learned that that green popsicle was not the same one that fell in the potty with his "stinky."

Whew! Close call.

You never know what might happen around here.

No comments: