Tuesday

A Lesson From My Eyeballs

Back when I wore contacts, I frequently stuck my finger in my eye and moved my contact around until it was just right. I would sigh and be able to see once more.

Oh how I'd like to do that right now. Except of course, I can't. Well, I suppose I could, but since I had eye surgery just a few days ago, I'm guessing that isn't the best idea.

Fortunately, I'm going to the doctor in just a bit for a follow-up. I'm really hoping that the bandage contacts are removed.

Meanwhile, I'm ashamed to say I've been a cranky wife and an even crankier mommy.

I keep thinking how silly it is of me to be so frustrated by something that was elective, sort of even cosmetic surgery.

It is at times like these that I realize how much I need to change to be the person God wants me to be. Progress sometimes seems so slow when it comes to bearing such fruit as patience.

However, I know that God won't give up on me. Just like my recovering vision, the process might be slower than I'd like, but I know the end result will be worth it.

No comments: