Doesn't that sound like a great way to start the day?
Well, of course it does. Unfortunately, I forgot that I frequently get too-early wake-up calls from my children. Being roused too early, too often doesn't exactly put me in the thankful mood. But I suppose that is neither here nor there. The only reason I share any of this is to lead into a list of a few things for which I am thankful for tonight...
- The way my son, Chris, makes my one-year-old laugh and laugh
- Friends, both new and old
- Cozy mysteries
- Running outside in the warmer weather
- My oldest daughter's imagination
- Reading Little House on the Prairie books to Ann, my oldest daughter
- Long nap times
- My husband helping me clean the house
- Early bedtimes (both for the kiddos and me!)
Now, perhaps this feeling of thankfulness will carry over into tomorrow morning when the munchkins wake me long before I think they should!