Tuesday

Thankful Thinking

After reading The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall, I resolved to start each morning by thinking of ten things for which I am thankful.

Doesn't that sound like a great way to start the day?

Well, of course it does. Unfortunately, I forgot that I frequently get too-early wake-up calls from my children. Being roused too early, too often doesn't exactly put me in the thankful mood. But I suppose that is neither here nor there. The only reason I share any of this is to lead into a list of a few things for which I am thankful for tonight...

  1. The way my son, Chris, makes my one-year-old laugh and laugh
  2. Friends, both new and old
  3. Cozy mysteries
  4. Running outside in the warmer weather
  5. Spring!
  6. My oldest daughter's imagination
  7. Reading Little House on the Prairie books to Ann, my oldest daughter
  8. Long nap times
  9. My husband helping me clean the house
  10. Early bedtimes (both for the kiddos and me!)

Now, perhaps this feeling of thankfulness will carry over into tomorrow morning when the munchkins wake me long before I think they should!

Good night.

No comments: