Tuesday

Because It Can't Be Undone

I sat down a few hours ago to write a little post. That post is still not finished. It has been a good day, but as is typical these days, it has been busy. I suppose those of you with older children might tell me to get used to it.

Anyways, I felt the need to do something that couldn't be undone by the end of the day. That would be why I'm writing this little post. Such is not the case with the laundry and the dishes. As soon as I think I've caught up, I turn around to find a sink full of dishes or a hamper full of laundry. I've given up on the myth of being caught up. Still, it feels good to do something that is still done come nightfall.

So, I'm using this post to share the recipe for the cookies that I'm currently baking. Tony needs to bring a dessert to work tomorrow...

This recipe makes a ton! It is super easy and though there are several batches to bake, you can easily chase babies and toddlers while the cookies bake. Older children could probably do most of this by themselves. And, the cookies are yummy. And chocolate! Need I write more?

Chocolate Softies
2 Devil's food cake mixes
2/3 c. water
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips (semi-sweet can be substituted)
Add all ingredients mixing well. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes. Cool for one minute and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments: