Monday

Three Little Words

As a mother of young children, I spend a lot of my day reminding them of the right thing to say.

I'm always urging them to say words and phrases like "please, thank you, I'm sorry, and I forgive you."

Of course, there is nothing quite like a child's first clear utterance of "I love you." Even if the first time he says it is to his daddy.

Yesterday was Chris' first time to say these sweet words without our help. He said them first before his nap time. The second time he said them was before bed last night. According to Tony, he said I love you and went on to say the name of each member of our family.

I have a feeling that no matter how many children you have, those sweet words never grow old. Like a baby's grins, those words seem to make all right in the world, even if for a moment.

No comments: