Tuesday

Please Tell Me She Was Kidding

Yesterday morning found me watching my friend's two kiddos. They are 5 and 8, so really it is more like perfect entertainment for my children. They love the "big kids."

All went well until the 8-year-old came to tell me how tired she was since she'd been up since 8 that morning. Seriously?

If you've read many of my posts, you know that my children are early, as in by 6 in the morning, risers. So, you can understand it took much self-control on my part not to say something extremely sarcastic to my little charge. Truly, what can an 8-year-old on summer vacation be so exhausted from? And, since when is 8 a.m. early?

Oh, the carefree days of childhood. I vaguely remember once telling my grandma I had a headache. I believe I was met with a comment like, "you don't have anything to have a headache about."

Tell me about it.

No comments: