Thursday

I May Have Even Had Time to Dream

I really like Fussy's Thursday carnival of focusing on life's positives. I do believe I'll participate again this week.



In fact, I have a couple of things I'm quite thankful for this afternoon. One of those is sleep. As in, I HAVE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR TWO CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS. Sorry about the caps, but that statement necessitated their usage. All three children have let mama sleep. There have been no night time visits from Chris. Also, Jane, all 18 pounds of her, finally seems to think she can make it through the night without a quick snack. Yippee!



I'm also grateful for sleep of the nap time variety. You certainly won't catch me complaining that all three of my children are currently napping. I love them dearly, I do, but quiet is sometimes nice.



The other thing I'm very grateful for today is successful potty training. I admit it. I didn't want to do it. I was all for waiting until Chris turned 3 next May, but, the little guy was showing all the signs of being ready. He has done well. Perhaps a little too well. That is to say, he really likes the process of going potty. Rather than take care of business all in one clean sweep, he likes to poop and peek. This means he gets off the potty two to four times while taking care of business. At the risk of starting to complain, I'll just say I'm grateful that he is going in the potty. Again, yippee!



Oh, wait, I do have two more things I'm thankful for this summer day. First, thanks to Michelle at Life With Three for giving me the Arte Y Pico award. I'm truly honored. If you haven't read her before, please check her out. She is also the mama to three young children. She posts abouts about their lives and throws in some wonderful recipes too. Thanks Michelle!



Then, as if that wasn't enough, Holly at June Cleaver Nirvana gave me this.




Holly's blog is one of the most entertaining and original ones I read. I stop by frequently because reading her posts never fails to make me smile and usually I laugh out loud. Thanks Holly!



Now, I wouldn't want to be the one to stop the traditions, so here goes.



I'd like to pass the Arte Y Pico award on to Kelsey at My Sweet Life. I really enjoy the way she obviously loves on the children she nannies. In addition, her photos are fantastic. I'm also sending this award over to Chaotic Joy at Joy in Chaos. I recently found her blog and am loving it.



I'm sending the I Love You This Much Award on to Kelly at Love Well. Her posts always make me think about the truly important things in life. It also doesn't hurt that she posts some pretty adorable pictures. This award also goes out to Deidre a For Such a Time as This. She shares from her heart and her posts frequently inspire me. Finally, I'd like to send this one over to Fussy at Mrs. Fussypants. To say that I admire how she handles herself during times that might try one's patience is an understatement. She always makes me smile.



Wow! That was a lot of linking. I'm tempted to skip proofreading this and go straight to publishing. I'm getting a bit tired. It must be all that sleep I got last night.



Happy Thursday. Hope your day is full of things that make you grateful.

No comments: