Wednesday

Switching Handbags Made Easier

From purse, to clutch, to diaper bag, and back again, I'm constantly changing the bag I carry.

It all depends on whether I'm on an errand with the kiddos (usually), on a date with Hubs (rarely, unfortunately), or off traveling to exotic places (um, never).

If I was switching to a smaller bag, I was constantly having to take certain things out of my wallet. Fortunately, I've found a better way to easily switch bags. I've traded in my wallet for a simple card holder.





I picked this one up at Target for under seven dollars. One side holds several cards and keeps them secure with a strap. The other side has a window slot for an ID as well as a long pocket perfect for stashing cash. The middle section is a long zippered pocket which I use for change and receipts.

Now, as I'm heading out the door, I simply toss this into whatever bag I'm grabbing. It fits perfectly both in small clutches and filled-with-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink diaper bags.

As an added benefit, it is small, so it forces me to clean it out on a regular basis. After all, do I really need that Starbucks receipt from June?

This may not be the most stylish wallet option, but it does keep me from having to grab the diaper bag on a date night! It works for me.

Head on over the Rocks in My Dryer for more tips.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip! I'm going to have to make my way over to Target and see if ours has that. I was just trying to figure this out a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks! :)

Becky said...

That sounds like a great idea. Does it have a name that I can search for? Either way I'll try to stop in Target soon and see if they have any in my neck of the woods. THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE mine! I got it on clearance at Dillards. It's made by Kenneth Cole. LOVE it!