Tuesday

Not Listening? You Don't Say!

Big Sister has a thing for jewelry. I can't say I'm surprised since I'm a bit of an accessory addict. It doesn't have to be expensive, I just like the variety. Big Sister seems to like the colorful and sparkling. Normally this amuses me. Like the time we were getting ready really early in the morning to leave for a road trip and she insisted on jewelry before we left. A sweat suit just isn't complete without a plastic pearl choker.

Anyway, we frequently shop at a nearby Target. This usually works well. However, Big Sister has recently discovered the jewelry displays. Right now, the trend in jewelry seems to be the bigger and brighter the better. Big Sister can get into that. Needless to say, it takes a little coaxing to drag her away from the displays.

I typically try the old we're leaving without you tactic. She doesn't want to be left, and of course I'd never really leave her, so this usually works well. Yesterday, however, she added a new twist. She took a little longer than usual to follow after me. As she came running after me in her big noisy rain boots attracting the attention of all nearby shoppers, she shrieked “you're not listening to me!”

Oh, really. And to think I thought I was the one who wasn't being heard.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, the things they say!! And thank you for the congrats!

Steph