Wednesday

Easy Browning of Ground Meat




If you're like me, you'll appreciate any kitchen tip that makes preparing dinner just a bit faster and a bit easier.



I heard of or read this idea somewhere, though I'd certainly like to take the credit for thinking outside of the box.

Not so Good Picture of my Pastry Cutter/Dough Blender :-)



In order to easily crumble ground meat while you're browning it, simply use a pastry cutter. It makes quick work of breaking up chunks of meat. I've found this particularly useful for cooking up large batches of ground meat to store in the freezer.



This certainly works for me and I hope it helps you. Head on over to Rocks in My Dryer for some more useful tips.

3 comments:

Edi said...

Love it! I brown ground beef all the time and keep it in the freezer. I don't have a pastry cutter but I know where to find one cheap. Thanks.

Thia said...

I also find adding a quarter cup or water or so to the meat helps too!

Alison said...

I'll have to try this. Thanks for the tip!