Thursday

What a Day!

Despite the fact that it poured rain all day long, life around here was more like living in a sun-scorched land.

The day began with a cranky child before the said child even got up for the day. It progressed to bickering siblings, some of whom resorted to kicking, biting, hitting and name calling.

From there, we moved on to getting children to the right preschool and dance class all in the pouring rain.

Basically there was more screaming, fighting, potty talking, and general chaos that I like to recall. It actually got bad enough that I was nearly in tears before we made it home from the gym.

As we drove home, I noticed a break in the clouds. Finally! I couldn't help but think of how God offers us so much hope and my heart was encouraged.

Instead of putting the kids to bed as quickly as possible, I followed our usual routine of reading books and then reading a Bible Story.

As I lay belly-down on the floor with my 5 and 3-year-old, the clouds truly began to break in our day. We shared a couple of silly stories and then we began to read from The Jesus Storybook Bible.

As I read about Adam and Eve, my children began to ask questions. We had a wonderful conversation about Jesus and His sacrifice for us. The more we talked, the more their eyes began to sparkle. I could see that they were starting to just barely comprehend the hope we have when we choose Him.

I indeed began to feel like a well-watered garden.

I guess it's not surprising that I'm ending the day feeling like it was a good one. Funny how those last twenty minutes in the day made up for the crazy previous twelve hours.

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11

No comments: