Thursday

How to Catch a Leprechaun According to Little Man

It's still March! The good news is that no one in our family is sick and we've had some warm days. In addition, my mom came for a visit and we had a wonderful time!

This afternoon, as I emptied Chris' backpack, I was again reminded that it is indeed still March. His teacher had some leprechaun fun with the preschoolers in the days leading up to St. Patrick's Day. Part of this fun involved a naughty little leprechaun named Patrick who kept visiting their class and making a mess right before they arrived to school. My little man ate it up and loved telling me the things Patrick had done.

Well today, I pulled a paper out of his bag that was titled "How to Catch a Leprechaun." His teacher had obviously asked the children how each of them would catch a leprechaun. Then, she wrote down the words. This is how Chris suggested catching the naughty little guy:

"I'd make a trap. (He is big on building pretend traps right now with our next door neighbor boy.) Nets and a vacuum. The vacuum and the net would catch him and he would go into a hot pool and then he would go into a desert. He would find water and drink it and would be okay."

I laughed out loud reading this and knew without a doubt that his teacher had captured his thoughts word for word.

Also, I loved that the leprechaun would ultimately be okay. He has a tender heart hiding underneath that tough boy exterior. I just love, love, love that little boy! I even love him when he acts like a naughty little leprechaun!

1 comment:

dawn marie giegerich said...

Sounds like the mind of an engineer. A logical progression of action and reaction!