Tuesday

Enjoying the Moment

Tonight was one of those nights when I really just wanted them to go to bed already. I gave my children baths in record time and even brushed one kiddo's teeth while she was on the potty. (Yeah.)

However, by God's grace I was finally able to take a deep breath and slow down and enjoy them rather than endure them.

I was able to suppress a smile when my little man told me, "I love you two plus." He then went on to say that, "Daddy said two plus isn't a real number, but it is. It really is."

And because I knew that he thought "two plus" was the largest number ever, I said, "I love you two plus too." (Get it? He didn't, but he felt loved and that's what mattered!)

As I walked into my oldest daughter's room, she announced she had some songs to sing to me. So, I sat and I soaked in all her five-year-old cuteness. Her smile is precious with one front tooth missing and one slightly crooked because it's loose. She sang a song about coins and one about days of the week. (Those kindergarten teachers sure are clever!) I gave her one last hug and headed out.

However, as precious as those moments were, I still sighed a big sigh of relief when I realized my two year old had stayed in her room and presumably fallen asleep!

Yes, I'm grateful for the grace to enjoy the moments tonight, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't equally grateful for the peace and quiet the evening brings!

Good night!

1 comment:

allie :^) said...

precious and perfect. you captured the essence of motherhood in this one my dear. :) LOVE IT! :) two plus... ;)